Monday, January 30, 2012

How To Make Floral Bows For Your Headbands

This is a very simple project that you will enjoy doing with your kids.  I bought a container of pre-cut flowers at Hobby Lobby and decided to use them to make floral bows for headbands.  You can get as creative as you want with this project.  I encourage you to buy some ribbons, tool, jeweled brads, feathers, or just whatever you can think of. 

For this project you will need to following:
Container of flowers
Brads
Felt
A hot glue gun
And a headband

First, go though the flowers and pick out the ones you want to use.  I used oranges, browns, white and a small amount of black.  Stack them up in the order you want them and then poke a brad through the middle of them.  If it looks the way you want, then fold down the brad on the back of the flowers.






After you have them all stacked up and have the brad in place, you will need to cut a small piece of felt to cover the brad tabs on the back of the flower.  You will put one dot of hot glue on one side of the brad then the other and lay the felt piece on top and press down to get it to secure properly to the back of the bottom flower.  Then attach the alligator clip and attach to your headband.


This is the finished floral bow.  Sometimes I add more embellishments such as ribbons, tool, feathers, buttons, or just whatever I find that I think might look super cute! 

Now you know how I make my floral bows!  I hope I have inspired you to start your own project at home, and don't forget to include the kiddos!!

Happy Sewing!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment