Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Recycle Reuse

Everybody is all about recycling now days.   You hear the saying "recycle, refurbish, reuse" almost daily.  Well I have to say that I am on this bandwagon with both feet firmly planted.  I call it "waste not, want not" and this is another idea I have had that goes hand in hand with that.

Over the past several months I have made several quilts using the design "split rail fence" and this has left me with A LOT of scraps.  Well you can ask my husband, I don't throw anything away unless it just can't be used!  I took all those scraps and sewed them together to make a crib size quilt that I will either give to some lucky child or donate to my local chapter of Project Linus. 


This is just the quilt top.  I haven't quilted it yet, but you get the basic idea.  DON'T THROW THOSE SCRAPS AWAY!!  These quilts are great to keep around for snuggling on the couch and since they are multicolored, they match everything!  And if you don't want to keep the quilt, find out if there is a local Project Linus in your area and ask where you can drop it off.

I hope this inspires you to get out those scraps and get sewing.  Please let me know if you have any questions or ideas for future projects.

Happy Sewing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment