Monday, September 5, 2011

Crazy Quilt Top

In one of my earlier posts I showed you a couple of different methods of making crazy quilts.  One of the methods was to make quilt blocks and then sew them together.  Also, I have shown you how to make Split Rail Fence quilt tops out of scraps.  I really like the idea of going green with my quilts.  You know the old saying "Waste Not Want Not".  Well I think we are taking that to the next level by recycling materials and making sure that those scrap pieces don't end up in the trash can.

Here are a couple of pictures of what you can do with those scraps and old jeans.  I hope that they inspire you to try one of these projects for yourself or for a gift.

This is a crib sized quilt top made from denim and cotton scrap fabric.

This is a twin size crazy quilt that was made from recycled denim jeans and scrap fabrics (mostly batiks).  This quilt was sold on Etsy.com
HAPPY SEWING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment