Friday, August 5, 2011

Piecing the Quilt

Yesterday I was finishing a quilt top when I realized that I take a lot of shortcuts when I am piecing my quilt.  Most of the time people will use straight pins to keep their pieces together while quilting.  I have done this many times myself only to run over the pin and break the needle on my machine, but lets face it, if you don't leave the pin in it takes longer to sew the two pieces together. 

My suggestions would be not to pin your pieces unless you are sewing together two rows of pieces where it would be important to make sure that the seems line up.  Just lay the pieces on top of each other and sew them together.  This is a huge time saver because you are not worrying about running over the pin and sewing slower and you are not stopping every time you need to take out the pin.

I hope this helps you become a more efficient quilter.

Happy Sewing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment