Thursday, June 2, 2011

No projects for today...

Well today I had to run a bunch of personal errands and now I am going to work on finishing up some of the many projects that I have laying around.  I think today would be a good day to bake some cookies!!

Here is a recipe that I got from my grandmother.  It is one of the easiest cookie recipes I have come across but you have to follow the directions exactly to the letter!

Molasses Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:  
1 c sugar
3/4 c oil  
1/4 c molasses
1 egg
2 c flour
2 ts baking soda
1/2 ts ground cloves
1 ts cinnamon
1/2 ts salt

Mix sugar and oil together, then stir in the molasses and the egg.  In separate bowl combine all dry ingredients and mix well.  Add dry mix to wet mix a little at a time.  It will become thick.  Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.  **DO NOT SKIP THE REFRIGERATION STEP.

Preheat oven to 375.  Lightly grease cookie sheet.  Roll dough into 1" balls then roll balls in sugar.  Place on cookie sheet.  Cook 8-10 minutes.  Makes approx 4 dozen cookies.

These cookies remind me of ginger snaps, but without the ginger of course.  If you would like to add a little spice, you could add 1 ts of ground ginger or even 1 ts of white pepper.

I hope you all like this recipe as much as I do!  Happy Baking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment